To ensure excellent & equitable education for all students through service and collaboration.
Washington has nine educational service districts (ESDs). They were created by the state legislature in 1969 to ensure equitable outcomes for all students. ESD 113 serves the school districts in Thurston, Mason, Lewis, Pacific and Grays Harbor counties by
- Helping them provide high-quality, cost-effective services.
- Helping them provide equal educational opportunities for all children.
- Providing cooperative and information services to schools.
- Acting as a liaison between the local schools and the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Providing local programs, as required by the state.
Capital Region ESD 113 is funded by the state Legislature, federal and state grants, cooperatives, fees and other sources.
Money from the Legislature pays for about 25% of state-mandated services, like teacher certification, and district assistance for fiscal reporting requirements.
In 2015-16, Capital Region ESD 113 received $612,112 from the state. Through entrepreneurial activities, we were able to leverage that money into $31.4 million for services to students, families, and districts in our region. Put another way, Capital Region ESD 113 delivered $50.33 worth of services to our students, families, and districts for each dollar we received from the Legislature.
- Dr. Dana Anderson, Superintendent (360-464-6701)
- Dr. Andrew Eyres, Assistant Superintendent, Teaching and Learning (360-464-6721)
- Mr. Mike Hickman, Assistant Superintendent, Student Support (360-464-6710)
- Mr. Matthew Solomon, Assistant Superintendent, Early Learning (360-464-6818)
- Mr. Calvin W. Brodie, Chief Financial Officer (360-464-6752)
- Ms. Jodi Petrovich, Executive Director of Human Resources (360-464-6860)
- Ms. Kristen Jaudon, Director of Communications and Public Engagement (360-464-6715)