This program supports the creation of community learning centers that provide academic enrichment opportunities for children, particularly students who attend high-poverty and low-performing schools.
21st Century Afterschool Program:
- Builds meaningful relationships between kids and caring adults, providing positive role models.
- Engages students in a wide variety of experiential activities that give them a chance to apply what they learn in school.
- Teaches self-reflection, efficacy, planning, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Provides homework help and tutoring.
- Serves as a link between families, schools, and communities.
- Helps students meet state and local test standards in core academic subjects, such as reading and math.
- Offers students a broad array of enrichment activities that can complement their regular academic programs.
Links to Youth Surveys