Registration and payment for the ParaPro Assessment is required to be made before each session.
April 11, 2017 - This session is full
April 25, 2017 - Session 60798
(click on session number to register)
Classes fill up quickly so sign up now.
What is it?
The ParaPro Assessment measures the skills and knowledge in reading, writing, and math on the part of prospective and practicing paraprofessionals. It also measures their ability to apply those skills and knowledge when assisting in classroom instruction. It was designed to satisfy the requirements of the federally legislated No Child Left Behind Act.
- ParaProfessionals must have a high school diploma or its equivalent and meet one of the following three standards:
- Possess an AA or higher degree. (Please find information about this option from OSPI here)
- Two years of college. (Information and application from OSPI can be found here on page #6-10)
- A score of 461 (in Washington) or higher on the ETS ParaPro Assessment test.
Who takes it?
The test is for prospective and practicing paraprofessionals.
How long is it?
Test takers have 2 ½ hours to complete the test. On average a test taker is finished within 1 - 1 1/2 hours and the rest of the time can be used for review of answers if desired.
How much does it cost?
The cost is $90. Acceptable forms of payment are as follows:
- Cash - Must be exact amount as we do not have change.
- Credit Card/Debit Card - Can be used online or at ESD 113.
- Check - All checks must be delivered and cleared by the ESD 113 two weeks before the Assessment begins. No checks will be accepted for an assessment after this time.
What subjects are on the test?
Test subjects include reading, writing, and math.
What are the questions like?
The test has 90 multiple-choice questions, approximately two-thirds of which focus on core competencies and knowledge. The remaining one-third focus on applying skills in the classroom. All test questions are in English. Click here for help understanding the test.
How is the test given?
The test is given on a computer supplied by ESD 113.