See a map showing the property line between District 5 and District 7, both of which represent parts of North Thurston Public Schools.
Mission/Vision: To ensure excellent & equitable education for all students through service and collaboration
Tagline: Your goals, our reason
- Close gaps: We respond to systemic disparities that produce persistent and predictable imbalances in student opportunities.
- Grow people: We recognize potential and support professional development and learning.
- Influence change: We advocate for students, families, and districts.
- Eradicate racism: We confront inequity based on race, and recognize and address our own biases.
Board Roles and Responsibilities (derived from RCW 28A.310):
- Represent the organization’s customers, clients, and the general public
- Inform and adopt the strategic plan
- Think strategically regarding future direction of the ESD and related services
- Select the chief executive
- Support and evaluate the chief executive
- Ensure effective planning
- Monitor program and service outcomes
- Provide fiscal oversight and accountability
- Approve the annual budgets
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity
- Ask questions and strive for excellence
Regularly scheduled Board of Directors’ meetings occur the 2nd Wednesday of the month except where indicated. Meetings begin at noon at the agency unless noted otherwise.
- August 11, 2021
- September 8, 2021 + work session at 9 am
- October 13, 2021 + WeAreESD113 new employee orientation at 9 am
- November 10, 2021
- December 8, 2021
- January 12, 2022 + work session at 9 am
- February 9, 2022 + WeAreESD113 new employee orientation at 9 am
- March 9, 2022
- April 13, 2022
- May 11, 2022 + WeAreESD113 new employee orientation at 9 am
- June 8, 2022 + work session at 9 am
- July 13, 2022
- August 10, 2022
- August 10, 2022
- September 14, 2022 + work session at 9 am
- October 12, 2022 + WeAreESD113 new employee orientation at 9 am
- November 9, 2022
- December 14, 2022
- January 11, 2023 + work session at 9 am
- February 9, 2023 + WeAreESD113 new employee orientation at 9 am
- March 8, 2023
- April 5, 2023
- May 10, 2023 + WeAreESD113 new employee orientation at 9 am
- June 14, 2023 + work session at 9 am
- July 12, 2023
- August 9, 2023
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are posted at least 24 hours before the meeting.
Minutes are posted after they are approved at the subsequent meeting.
You will be redirected to the Policies & Procedures page within 3 seconds. Alternative link for the Capital Region ESD 113 Policies & Procedures page
Our ESD serves the school districts in Grays Harbor, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, and Thurston counties. To learn more about Board Member requirements, please visit the OSPI website.
Actions and Responsibilities
- Attend meetings and conferences (see below) and participate in discussions and decision-making.
- Establish the agency policies, which drive the focus of Agency actions.
- Evaluate the Superintendent and review the Superintendent’s contract annually.
- Approve the annual operating budget and employee compensation plan.
- Inspect and approve expenditures and warrants.
- Approve all personnel hires, placements, and terminations as recommended by the Superintendent.
- Communicate with legislators, other agencies, organizations, and school districts as appropriate.
- Develop knowledge of issues and encourage personal and professional growth.
Term of Office
ESD Board Members serve four-year terms. School Directors from each school district in our region elect the ESD Board Members.
- Board meetings: Second Wednesday of each month, starting at noon
- Board work sessions: 3 per year, starting at 9 am on the day of a board meeting
- New Employee Orientation: 3 per year, starting at 9 am on the day of a board meeting
- Association of Educational Service Districts (AESD): Spring, moves around the state
- Association of Educational Service Agencies (AESA): First week of December, moves around the country
- Washington State School Directors’ Association (WSSDA): Third week of November, moves between Spokane and Seattle