The 1986 Federal Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) requires every school district to:
- Inspect and certify the condition of asbestos in their schools every three years.
- Identify a designated asbestos person responsible for asbestos-related matters in that school.
- Maintain accurate records and notebooks of asbestos inspections and surveys.
- Complete asbestos surveillance every six months.
- Provide a yearly assessment of asbestos conditions.
- Provide staff training as designated by AHERA.
WHAT ESD 113 DOES
Maintain building inspection schedule
Our Asbestos team will notify districts when inspection is due and work with district staff to schedule inspections.
Perform Initial and Re-Inspections
We are federally certified to perform your buildings’ inspections to meet all mandates as required by law.
Our staff is trained and certified to perform sampling in buildings that require further testing.
Asbestos Management Plan Updates
We will write and provide updates to the existing asbestos plans and inspection records.
Workshops and Trainings
We work with and provide training to our district asbestos contact persons to ensure they maintain required training hours.
The Asbestos Inspection Program is provided to our member districts as an added service.
Bob Pierce, Safety & Health Administrator
360–464–6881 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacia Bolger, Director, Risk Management
360–464–6886 | email@example.com