Lewis County Thrives
Lewis County Public Health & Social Services – is seeking adult caregivers and professionals to attend a Keep Connected- Workshop Training for Trainers which will be held from February 20-28 from 10:00-12:00. The focus is on improving parent-child relationships and creating resiliency. Meals and child care will be provided. To register for the training, click on: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LCKeepConnected.
WSU 4-H Extension continues to provide free, online workshops for the community. To register for these workshops, click on: https://www.facebook.com/Explore4HWSUExtension. Animal Talk Tuesdays is a collaboration between Pierce County 4-H and the WSU Animal Sciences Program. These talks are a new quarterly series for 4-H youth to learn about WSU Animal Sciences. Our second session will be on January 25th from 6 to 7 PM with Michael Phelps, WSU Associate Professor who will discuss what it is like to be an Animal Scientist. Register now to get your Zoom link and to get access to the recorded program if you can’t attend the live sessions.
Registration link – https://tinyurl.com/AnimalTalkTuesday2
Mason County Consortium
In honor of Teen Dating Violence Awareness month, Turning Pointe and the Shelton Family YMCA will host a workshop about dating violence, signs to look out for, and resources to maintain healthy relationships. Before the workshop, join us for Pop Up Zumba from 5 PM-6 PM. After the workshop, we’ll end the night with some fun gym games. Whether you are single or in a relationship, there is a resource for everyone!
When: FEB 11
Time: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Details: Child care will be available.
For more information, please refer to SHELTONFAMILYYMCA.ORG.
Family Education and Support Services (FESS) links:
- Multi-Systemic Care (MST) has an 8-12 week wait time. Link to the SOCP webpage with matrix documents as well as others under Pathways to Services: https://www.familyallianceformentalhealth.com/system-of-care-partnership.html.
- Mason Thurston Wraparound Initiative/WISe:
- Family Alliance for Mental Health: familyallianceformentalhealth.com
- Parent Network & Individual Support: Join Us on Facebook
- Join our “Tulips” parent chat/support group on Facebook.
- System of Care Partnership:
Call 360-480-5721 to reach Crisis Stabilization Services for Children/Youth in Mason & Thurston Counties
- Turning Pointe of Mason County will hold a teen dating violence awareness event on February 11 from 5:00-8:00 p.m. For more information, check out their website at https://www.turningpointe.org
The Mountain to Harbor LASER Alliance is offering FREE workshops in partnership with ESD101 around elementary content-integration. The target audience is teams of elementary administrators and teachers. Please see the link below to register for these workshops. Free STEM Clock Hours are also available. To register for these workshops, please see the link to the flyer below:
ESD113 has funding to provide financial aid outreach and workshops to juniors and seniors at high schools in rural and remote communities in our region. These workshops will be conducted virtually through June 2022. Please reach out to Lorie Thompson at [email protected] for further information.
- Career Pathways grant funding – The Capital STEM Alliance will collaborate with Washington STEM to help define Key Elements of a Cross-Sector Career Pathways Ready System and begin implementation and tracking of three potential onramp indicators: 1) the number of students who enroll in middle school career awareness course(s); 2) the number of students who have access to and complete CTE concentration courses (2 or more CTE classes in the same high demand/family-wage career cluster), and 3) the number of students who have access to career navigators in high school (counselors).
CCL Regional Network
The new Capital STEM Alliance is a five-county, cross-sector coalition that shares resources, leadership and a vision of providing cradle to career supports and pathways to all youth. The Alliance held its first monthly steering committee meeting on January 13, 2022. Participants included leaders from multiple sectors throughout the region. For more information about the Alliance or to join the steering committee, contact Lorie Thompson, Capital STEM Alliance Director, at [email protected].
Career Connect Washington maintains an up-to-date directory of career explore, preparation and launch programs throughout Washington state. Schools, community-based organizations and state agencies that support career pathways for youth can access the directory through this link: https://careerconnectwa.org/directory/