A Collaboratively Convened Virtual Event
Shared professional learning has been a powerful and exciting way to connect school district staff and early care and education providers across early learning systems. One way that our team supports shared learning is by collaborating to convene the 2022 Capital Region Early Learning Dinner & Dialogue.
This is a fantastic opportunity for educators from preschool through third grade early learning classrooms to:
- Support transition to school for children and families
- Get to know each other and communicate their values/priorities
- Connect and review data about how local children are progressing in six important areas (social-emotional, physical, literacy, mathematics, cognitive, and language)
- Share learning about a variety of relevant and emerging topics connected to the data they’ve seen
- Share resources, research, concerns and celebrations for and about the young children in their care
- Connect as professionals and systems, making them better able to meet the needs of children and families
- Engage in meaningful professional learning from assessment data
The collaboratively co-convened Capital Region Early Learning and Sound to Harbor Dinner & Dialogue will begin with a 30 minute Social Start. Teams from multiple agencies within the Capital Region early learning community will then share important data, provide an engaging presentation on best practices and programs supporting young children and their families across our region.
- Kerri Blankenship
- Josie Komorowski
Dinner & Dialogue events have historically occurred in regions across the state, often drawing more than 100 early learning partners, child care providers, and district-based early learning staff (P-3) to gather and collaborate. This Capital Region’s 2022 event will be hosted virtually via Zoom.
Dates and times
- Thursday, March 24, 2022 | 5:s0 PM – 7:30 PM
Clock Hours: 2 hours