March 2, 2020
8:30 am–3:30 pmREGISTER
Facilitated by Ron Hertel (OSPI-retired), Erin Wick (ESD 113), Russell Rice (ESD 113)
The Capital Region ESD 113 MTSS Series will equip school staff with the skills and knowledge to establish, grow, and sustain integrated systems of support for student success. There will be five sessions between January and August, 2020.
In session one, attendees will:
- Explore the essential foundations of a “Compassionate School,” including the effects of trauma on well-being and learning.
- Learn about trauma-informed best practices to implement in an MTSS; assess their own “current reality” utilizing a rubric tool.
- Plan next steps for district, building, classroom.
- 8:30-11:30 Foundational learning on trauma, trauma-informed best practices, and “current reality” instruments
- 11:30-12:30 Lunch (provided)
- 12:30-3:30 “Currently reality” instrument work time, networking/collaboration, action planning
This session is intended for:
- Elementary Principals
- Middle School Principals
- High School Principals
- Teaching & Learning Network
- Ron Hertel, OSPI-retired
- Erin Wick, Capital Region ESD 113
- Russ Rice, Capital Region ESD 113
Date: March 2, 2020
Time: 8:30 am–3:30 pm
Location: Capital Region ESD 113 (6005 Tyee Dr SW Tumwater, WA 98512)
Cost: $60 with promotional codes available for schools identified for school improvement support (Comprehensive, Targeted 3+ and 1-2)