June 24 & 25
8:30 am–4 pm
Whether you have tried Number Talks before or are new to them, this institute will help you learn how to make Number Talks a vibrant and essential part of your everyday classroom. You will experience a learning environment that embodies the Washington State Learning Standards focusing on the Standards for Mathematical Practice.
Your registration includes a copy of the book, Making Number Talks Matter by Ruth Parker and Cathy Humphreys
- Connect Number Talks to numerical and algebraic reasoning
- Choose what Number Talks to do with students to help build important concepts and properties over time
- Learn how to get buy-in from students, even at the high school level
- Help students learn to make mathematically convincing arguments
- Ruth Parker
- Cathy Humphreys
- Elementary Teachers
- Mathematics Teachers
- Curriculum Specialists
- Session ID: 84383
- Date: June 24 & 25, 2019
- Time: 8:30 am–4 pm
- Location: ESD 113
- Clock hours: 14
- Meal provided: No
- Course fee: $249
- Register: 84383
- Occasionally, a participant requests to withdraw from a class. In those instances, the ESD 113 guidelines for refunds are as follows:
- If Capital Region ESD 113 cancels the class, we will refund the participant the full amount.
- If a participant withdraws from the class 5 or more business days in advance, we will refund the full amount.
- If a participant withdraws from the class fewer than 5 business days in advance, we will refund the registration fee, minus a $15 service charge.
- If a participant withdraws the day of the class or after it’s begun, we will not issue a refund. (To request an exception to this policy, contact the registrar for the class.)