Many of us struggle with gathering meaningful data and determining whether students have made progress.
Join experts from the PROGRESS Center at the American Institutes for Research in this 3-session training where we will identify best practices and tools for progress monitoring. Participants will also have the opportunity to put their learning into practice and then come back to the experts with questions from the implementation.
Session 1 – March 10th
What is Progress Monitoring?
- Understanding the role of Progress Monitoring within MTSS
- Understanding the role of Progress Monitoring in special education
What are Common Barriers to Monitoring Progress?
- Aligning progress monitoring measures to specific skills
- Identifying and selecting progress monitoring measures that are reliable and valid
Where Can I Find Available Resources for Progress Monitoring?
Overview of PROGRESS Center resources
Session 2 – March 17th
How do I Select a Progress Monitoring Measure Aligned to Student Goals?
- Selecting the appropriate progress monitoring measurement
- Connecting progress monitoring to goals
Are These the Correct Measures for My Students?
- Reviewing student profiles
- Identifying challenges in progress monitoring for special education
Session 3 – March 31st
Developing a Monitoring Plan
- Review the things to do and things to do and things to avoid
- Understanding the roles of service providers
Problems of Practice
- Review progress monitoring from MTSS
- Review progress monitoring reports within special education
- What are your “noticing’s and wondering’s” from reviewing your own IEP goals?
- What are your next steps? What questions?
- Cost: $10
- Professional Hours: 4.5
For more information contact | Dianna Avery – [email protected]