We help business managers provide accurate financial reports and promote good stewardship of public dollars through training, reviews, and other support. We keep them up to date on the rapidly changing state and federal requirements, and we review required state reports before submitting them on behalf of their school districts.
Our resources help them perform their job functions efficiently and effectively. We also offer financial analysis and we can fill fiscal vacancies on a contracted basis, if needed.
Our Business Manager Academy (BMA) trains new business managers to serve as effective leaders resulting in sound finances for school districts. Through the BMA, our staff train local personnel who are qualified, but perhaps not quite ready to take a job as business manager without training and mentoring. We tailor our services to the needs of individual school districts. Time is scheduled at each class for the participants to work with their district's information.
- Understanding and application of state and federal regulations
- Understanding of state funding and monthly apportionment reports
- The use of data and financial modeling to make financial decisions
- The ability to search available written and online resources for answers
We provide business manager training on a contractual basis to new business managers.
- Training, technical assistance, and support from qualified ESD 113 staff
- Peer grouping with other business managers in the region
- Approximately 30 weekly sessions consisting of theory and background, current topics, and hands-on work
- Technology support for reviewing resources and accessing district records for hands-on work sessions
- Supportive learning environment allowing for the opportunity to get current work completed
The Business Manager Forum is a monthly meeting open to business managers in ESD 113 and people enrolled in the Business Manager Academy.
There is no cost to attend the forums. We invite guest speakers and cover current topics related to the business manager cycle.
All meetings are on Tuesdays, 9 am – noon.
- September 11
- October 9
- November 13
- December 11
- January 8
- February 12
- March 12
- April 9
- May 14
- June 11
ESD 113 Documents
- Financial Status - Budget to Actual Comparison (Posted 2/22/18)
- 2017 Assessed Valuation for 2018 Tax Collection (Posted 2/22/18)
- Budget Process List 2017-18
- 2019-20 Enrollment Projection (Posted 4/9/19)
- 2019-20 Class 2 Tax Pages (with voter-approved levy amount in GF) (Posted 4/9/19)
- 2019-20 Class 1 Tax Pages (with voter-approved levy amount in GF) (Posted 4/9/19)
- F-203X Input Guide (2017-18)
You will be redirected to the Toolkit page within 3 seconds. Alternative link for the Toolkit page.