Is your message accessible to everyone — including those with disabilities? Digital accessibility the law, and it's the right thing to do. Making websites and documents ADA-accessible ensures no one is excluded. And it actually provides a better user experience for everyone, not just for people with disabilities.
Small changes can make big a difference. Let us help you get started.
Our team will evaluate 5 pages and 3 PDFs on your district’s website to give you a baseline idea of its accessibility. We will:
- Use the WebAIM WAVE tool to perform an automated check.
- Navigate the pages using only keyboard commands to check for accessibility via keyboard and readiness for screen readers.
- Do a visual check for usability.
- Check PDFs using Adobe Acrobat DC.
There is no charge for the quick review.
According to the 2019 WebAIM Screen Reader Survey, 75.1% of screen reader users say that PDF documents will are very or somewhat likely to pose significant accessibility issues.
|wdt_ID||Response||Number of Respondents||% of Respondents|
|5||I Don't Know||38||3.2|
We can help! Our team is skilled at remediating documents to current standards. We can help you bring your documents (and therefore your website) into compliance.
Contact us for more information about pricing.
Helpful Hints for Documents:
- When possible, consider using HTML (web pages) to convey your information, rather than attaching a PDF.
- Do not post scans! They are not accessible.
- Be sure your documents are well designed in the source application before converting to PDF. This will improve the accessibility of the final document.
- Limit the use of tables, but if you do use tables avoid merged cells as much as possible.
- Choose colors with good contrast.
- Add meaningful alt text to pictures.
- Use headings to organize your pages.
We offer training in creating accessible documents. Training is offered periodically at ESD 113, with an option to join by Zoom.
Our training options include:
- Creating Accessible Documents — a 7-hour workshop offered over a 5-week period. It includes an intro to accessibility, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, and Adobe PDF.
- Creating Accessible Word Documents — a 3-hour hands-on workshop for accessible MS Word documents.
- Intro to Accessibility — a 1-hour presentation of core accessibility concepts.
- PDF Remediation - a 6-hour deep dive into remediating PDF documents with Adobe Acrobat Pro.
We also provide custom training at your location based on your needs. Contact us to make arrangements.
When we develop a website for your district, the contract includes ongoing hosting, accessibility monitoring, and training on creating accessible documents.
We make your site accessible at launch time, and then provide monthly reviews of your accessibility. We work with you to fix accessibility issues that arise.
Contact us for a quote.