The Workers' Compensation Trust is a self-insurance program for school districts. All school districts within Capital Region ESD 113, as well as Arlington School District, are members of the WCT.
If you are injured at work, WCT will manage your claim in an efficient and timely manner.
We are also your partner and resource for safety and health services.
- Shawn Batstone, Chair, Assistant Superintendent Tumwater School District, Thurston County
- Dr. Mike Villareal, Superintendent, Hoquiam School District, Grays Harbor County
- Brenda Padgett, Superintendent Onalaska School District, Lewis County
- Matthew Mallery, Superintendent, Mary M. Knight School District, Mason County
- Nancy Morris, Superintendent, Willapa Valley School District, Pacific County
- Troy Oliver, Asst. Superintendent Operations, North Thurston Public Schools, Thurston County
Employees must report all accidents or injuries to their supervisor, no matter how minor.
- Report the accident or injury to your supervisor. Your supervisor will give you an Employee Incident Report form to complete.
- Not all injuries require medical treatment. If you need to go to a medical provider, call 360-464-6880 to get a claim number.
- Ask your treating medical provider to fax or mail a Provider's Initial Report to WCT. Our fax number is 360-464-6907.
- Tell your treating medical provider that your employer is self-insured. All reports and bills should be sent to the ESD 113 WCT.
- Your medical provider must certify all restricted duties and/or time off work.
- To maintain benefits, you must follow your medical provider's treatment plan, including follow-up visits.
- Keep your supervisor informed of your recovery. Communicate significant changes in your condition or treatment to your WCT claims manager.
The Return to Work Reimbursement Program helps employees maintain their health and welfare benefits while recovering from their injuries. In turn, this protects the district’s resources by reducing claim costs by helping trained employees stay on the job.
When employees are away from their work environment for longer periods of time, there is a greater chance for long-term or permanent disability. This leads to increased medical and legal costs.
Through this program, employees return to work in modified or light-duty jobs. We reimburse employers for the injured employee’s salary costs for up to 90 days.