Conducting fingerprinting and background checks for school personnel is an essential step to prioritize the safety and well-being of students, maintain the school’s reputation, and fulfill legal and regulatory obligations. It is a proactive measure that contributes to a secure and productive learning environment. Capital Region ESD 113 uses Live Scan digital fingerprinting technology. It reduces the turnaround time for results and is not as messy as ink.
According to state law, we serve people looking for school district employment and those involved in certain college/university programs.
We DO NOT accept cash. Appointments are required.
To protect our clients and staff:
- If you have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days (including fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell) or have been in close contact with anyone who has, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment.
- Do not bring anyone with you into our office.
- When you arrive, call 360-464-6709.
- Face covering is optional inside our facility.
- We have hand sanitizer for you to use on your way in and out of our building.
- We will ask you to show your state-issued ID before being fingerprinted.
- We will manage appointment times to reduce on-site waiting and allow staff to sanitize all surfaces between clients.
Hours of Operation
Appointments are required and are available Monday through Thursday. You will self-schedule an appointment after completing the registration form. You will also have the option to reschedule or cancel an appointment if needed.
Fingerprinting takes about 15 minutes. The first appointment of the day is at 7:30 am, and the last one is at 4:30 pm.
Bring a valid photo I.D. and be prepared to pay the fingerprinting fee of $84. The I.D. may be a state-issued I.D. such as a driver's license/permit, military I.D., or valid passport.
We accept these forms of payment:
- Purchase order from your school district that includes your name and a district email contact. (The district may fax the $84 PO to 360-464-6995 in advance, or you may bring the original with you.)
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AmEx (Note: The owner of the card must be present to sign.)
We DO NOT accept cash or checks.
- Your hands and fingers must be healthy and without injury to get good prints.
- Do not bring anyone with you when you come to get printed.
- We do not accept walk-ins.
- Unfortunately, Live Scan doesn’t work for everyone. If we cannot get a satisfactory result, you must go to the Washington State Patrol in Olympia, where they can complete the process using the ink method.
Contact the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (360-725-6135) if you’d like to find out your results.