Background checks are a critical part of the hiring process. Capital Region ESD 113 uses Live Scan digital fingerprinting technology. It reduces the turnaround time for results and is not as messy as ink.
We serve people looking for school district employment and those involved in certain college/university programs, according to state law.
We DO NOT accept cash.
Our fingerprinting services are now available by appointment only, as of Monday, June 1.
In order to protect our clients and staff, we will be following new procedures:
- We will contact you beforehand to ask some screening questions. We will ask you those questions again when you arrive at our office for your appointment.
- Do not bring anyone with you into our office.
- When you arrive, call 360-464-6709. Someone will come to greet you at the door. We will ask you to show your state-issued ID before entering.
- Wear a face covering while you're inside.
- We have hand sanitizer for you to use on your way in and out of our building.
- We will manage appointment times to reduce on-site waiting and allow staff to sanitize all surfaces between clients.
Hours of Operation
Appointments are required. You will self-schedule an appointment after completing the registration form. You will also have the option to reschedule or cancel an appointment if needed.
Fingerprinting takes about 15 minutes. The first appointment of the day is at 7:50 am, and the last at 3:00 pm.
We are closed for lunch from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm daily.
We are closing our building on Fridays during the month of July. We are offering extended hours Monday through Thursday to ensure the same number of service hours. The first appointment will be at 7:30 am, and the last one is at 4:40 pm. We are closed for lunch from 12:00 to 12:30 pm daily.
Bring a valid photo I.D. and the fingerprinting fee of $84. The I.D. may be a state-issued I.D. such as driver's license/permit, military I.D., or valid passport.
We accept these forms of payment:
- Purchase order from your school district that includes your name and a district email contact. (The district may fax the $84 PO to 360-464-6995 in advance, or you may bring the original with you.)
- Visa or MasterCard with the name of the person we are fingerprinting imprinted on the card.
We DO NOT accept cash.
- Your hands and fingers must be healthy, and without injury, to get good prints.
- Do not bring anyone with you when you come to get printed.
- We are not accepting walk-ins at this time.
- Unfortunately, Live Scan doesn't work for everyone. If we cannot get a satisfactory result, you must go to the Washington State Patrol in Olympia where they can complete the process using the ink method.
Contact the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (360-725-6135) if you'd like to find out your results.
If you have 20 or more people who need to be fingerprinted, Capital Region ESD 113 can come to you! We have portable Live Scan equipment. Call 360-464-6709 to make arrangements.