Background checks are a critical part of the hiring process. Capital Region ESD 113 uses Live Scan digital fingerprinting technology. It reduces the turnaround time for results and is not as messy as ink.
We serve people looking for school district employment and those involved in certain college/university programs, according to state law.
Hours of Operation
We take walk-ins. Fingerprinting takes about 15 minutes. We're generally open on weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 3:45 p.m.
We are closed for lunch from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm daily.
Fingerprinting services will be CLOSED on these dates/times:
- July 3, 2019 - 2:00 pm
- July 4, 2019
We accept these forms of payment:
- Purchase order from your school district that includes your name and a district email contact. (The district may fax the $83 PO to 360-464-6995 in advance, or you may bring the original with you.)
- Visa or MasterCard with the name of the person we are fingerprinting imprinted on the card.
- Your hands and fingers must be healthy, and without injury, to get good prints.
- Our fingerprinting space is tight! If you bring people with you, they're welcome to wait in our lobby while you're getting printed.
- Arrive early in case there's a line. We serve the last client of the day at 3:45 p.m.
- Unfortunately, Live Scan doesn't work for everyone. If we cannot get a satisfactory result, you must go to the Washington State Patrol in Olympia where they can complete the process using the ink method.
Contact the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (360-725-6135) if you'd like to find out your results.
If you have 20 or more people who need to be fingerprinted, Capital Region ESD 113 can come to you! We have portable Live Scan equipment. Call 360-464-6709 to make arrangements.