Background checks are a critical part of the hiring process. Capital Region ESD 113 uses Live Scan digital fingerprinting technology. It reduces the turnaround time for results and is not as messy as ink.
We serve people looking for school district employment and those involved in certain college/university programs, according to state law.
We DO NOT accept cash.
Our fingerprinting services are available by appointment only.
To protect our clients and staff:
- We will contact you beforehand to ask some screening questions. We will ask you those questions again when you arrive at our office for your appointment.
- Do not bring anyone with you into our office.
- When you arrive, call 360-464-6709. Someone will come to greet you at the door. We will ask you to show your state-issued ID before entering.
- Wear a face covering while you're inside.
- We have hand sanitizer for you to use on your way in and out of our building.
- We will manage appointment times to reduce on-site waiting and allow staff to sanitize all surfaces between clients.
Hours of Operation
Appointments are required are available Monday through Thursday. You will self-schedule an appointment after completing the registration form. You will also have the option to reschedule or cancel an appointment if needed.
Fingerprinting takes about 15 minutes. The first appointment of the day is at 7:30 am, and the last one is at 4:40 pm.
Bring a valid photo I.D. and the fingerprinting fee of $84. The I.D. may be a state-issued I.D. such as driver's license/permit, military I.D., or valid passport.
We accept these forms of payment:
- Purchase order from your school district that includes your name and a district email contact. (The district may fax the $84 PO to 360-464-6995 in advance, or you may bring the original with you.)
- Visa or MasterCard with the name of the person we are fingerprinting imprinted on the card.
We DO NOT accept cash.
- Your hands and fingers must be healthy, and without injury, to get good prints.
- Do not bring anyone with you when you come to get printed.
- We do not accept walk-ins.
- Unfortunately, Live Scan doesn't work for everyone. If we cannot get a satisfactory result, you must go to the Washington State Patrol in Olympia where they can complete the process using the ink method.
Contact the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (360-725-6135) if you'd like to find out your results.