Children are more likely to achieve their learning goals when instructors are knowledgable and prepared. Paraeducators are an integral part of the instructional team. To show they are ready for the classroom, paraeducators must pass the ParaPro assessment.
If you have questions about your test results or need copies of your official assessment certificate, call 800-772-9476 or visit ETS.
Click on the session number to register. You must register and pay for the ParaPro Assessment prior to the session date.
- April 2, 9am–noon: Session 86240
- April 16, 9am–noon: Session 86241
- April 30, 9am–noon: Session 86242
- May 14, 9am–noon: Session 86244
- May 21, 9am–noon: Session 87007
- June 4, 9am–noon: Session 87009
- June 18, 9am–noon: Session 87010
- July 16, 9am–noon: Session 87019
- July 30, 9am–noon: Session 87012
- August 13, 9am–noon: Session 87013
- August 27, 9am–noon: Session 87014
- September 10, 9am–noon: Session 87015
- September 24, 9am–noon: Session 87016
- The cost is $90, payable by credit or debit card at registration.
- It is administered in English on a computer supplied by Capital Region ESD 113.
- Test takers have 2½ hours to complete the assessment.
- Passing score is 461.
Preparation for the ParaPro is strongly encouraged. Study materials are available at:
Other useful information:
What do I need to bring on test day?
Bring a valid ID.
What if I lose my score report?
You may order additional official score reports from ETS Parapro for tests taken in the past 10 years. There is a $50 fee.
Can I retake the test?
You are required to wait 21 days (not including your initial test date) before retaking the test. The fees and procedures are the same as taking the initial test.
What is it?
The ParaPro Assessment measures the skills and knowledge in reading, writing, and math on the part of prospective and practicing paraprofessionals. It also measures their ability to apply those skills and knowledge when assisting in classroom instruction. It was designed to satisfy the requirements of the federally legislated No Child Left Behind Act.
ParaProfessionals must have a high school diploma or its equivalent and meet one of the following three standards:
- Possess an AA or higher degree.
- 72 college credits at 100 level or above.
- Successfully complete the ETS ParaPro Assessment.