Washington has nine educational service districts (ESDs). They were created by the state legislature in 1969 to ensure equitable outcomes for all students. ESD 113 serves the school districts in Thurston, Mason, Lewis, Pacific, and Grays Harbor counties by
- Helping them provide high-quality, cost-effective services.
- Helping them provide equal educational opportunities for all children.
- Providing cooperative and information services to schools.
- Acting as a liaison between the local schools and the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Providing local programs, as required by the state.