We’ve been confined to the house and neighborhood for so many months it’s likely that we need a good gross motor break. I’m not much of an athlete any more but I do love to dance and there are tons of YouTube videos that are appropriate for kids to watch and dance to…and maybe learn some moves (I’m picturing my four-year-old nephew learning to ‘floss.’)
- Urban Dance Camp
- The Dance Monkey Walk Through
- Dance Parent 101 has Zumba and Baby Shark among other kid-friendly dance experiences.
- Kids Bop Dance Along Videos
- Brain Breaks for Kids has Fooba Wooba, Shake Your Sillies Out, and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (and, of course, there’s a book for that.)
- Michael Jackson’s Thriller Dance Tutorial
This article was contributed by Mary Perkins for the Early Childhood Express newsletter.