Kent has the skills to grow and strengthen the great services already being provided by the co-op
TUMWATER – May 26, 2022 – Capital Region ESD 113 is excited to announce that Katie Kent will be the Senior Director of the Lewis County Special Education Cooperative. Kent’s first day will be July 1, 2022.
Kent is currently serving as Director of Special Education and Student Services in the Hood Canal School District. In her new position, she plans to increase capacity for our co-op districts by:
- Building access to transition services for all ages.
- Supporting efficient district processes and procedures.
- Providing targeted support based on the needs of students, districts, and families.
- Helping students, districts, and families navigate the complicated world of special education.
- Promoting genuine implementation of inclusive practices for all students.
- Providing exceptional support for staff, parents, and students.
Kent has extensive knowledge about special education best practices and law. She also has a passion for providing high-quality special education services to students in rural regions. She focuses on the implementation of inclusionary practices in and out of the classroom.
- Capital Region ESD 113 hired Katie Kent for the role of Senior Director for the Lewis County Special Education Cooperative.
- She will help to increase the capacity for our co-op districts so they can offer high-quality special education services.
- After transitioning from her current role as Director of Special Education and Student Services in the Hood Canal School District, her official start date is July 1, 2022.
- Kent has a passion for providing high-quality special education services to students in rural regions.
“There are enormous shoes to fill, following my predecessors, at the Lewis County Special Education Cooperative, but I am confident in my ability to continue their work by sustaining equitable access to services for all students with individualized needs. My vision is to effectively sustain what has already been built while continuing to develop genuine access to transition services within students’ communities. I am thrilled to support students’ employment, post-secondary education, and independent living goals by getting to know all the Lewis County Special Education Cooperative districts and the unique needs of the students that each of the districts serves.” — Katie Kent, Incoming Capital Region ESD 113 Senior Director for the Lewis County Special Education Cooperative
- “Katie has a deep understanding of best practices in special education and genuinely cares about the success of her students and staff. She will not only maintain our supportive culture, but she has the skills to grow and strengthen the great services already being provided by the Lewis County Special Education Cooperative.” — Steve Bigelow, Incoming Capital Region ESD 113 Executive Director for Integrated Student Support and Special Programs
About Capital Region ESD 113
The purpose of Capital Region ESD 113 is to ensure excellent and equitable education for all students through service and collaboration. Led by Superintendent Dr. Dana Anderson, ESD 113 provides services for 44 school districts, one tribal compact school, and approved private schools in Thurston, Mason, Lewis, Grays Harbor, and Pacific counties.
Stay in Touch
Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Flickr
Kristen Jaudon, APR
Senior Director – Communications, Government Relations & Public Engagement
[email protected] | 360-464-6715