A partnership between Capital Region ESD 113 and Washington LASER
- Build on our successful ESD–school district partnerships for elementary science kits.
- Launch and establish a NEW, collaborative, science professional learning series for District Leadership Teams from all ESD 113 school districts.
- Strengthen K-12 science/STEM programs via LASER strategic planning and implementation resources.
Tuesday, May 19 | 4:00 – 6:00 p.m
- Audience: Administrative and teacher leadership teams across the ESD 113 region
- Objective: Build awareness around:
- Systems approach to strengthening a district’s K-12 Science/STEM program
- Use of LASER leadership resources
- LASER District Self-Assessment Tool (on LASER website)
- Outcome: Form and mobilize district NGSS/STEM Leadership Teams
Up to 10 hours (to be determined for each district team)
May/June: 2-hour Independent work sessions (up to 3 sessions to be determined by each district)
June: 2-hour whole group meeting, for all Capital Region ESD113 Leadership Teams
- Audience: School district NGSS/STEM Leadership Teams
- Objective: Update or complete “LASER District Self-Assessment for K–12 Science/STEM.” Map out action steps for short- and mid-term implementation
- Outcome: All school district NGSS/STEM Leadership Teams complete progress checks
ESD113 LASER Alliance Director