Who will you nominate?
Nominations for our 2022 Teacher of the Year and Classified School Employee of the Year open soon! The award is presented to an exceptional teacher in our region every year. Our winner will proceed to the Washington State Teacher of the Year recognition in September. The winner of the state award is Washington’s nominee for the National Teacher of the Year.
- The teacher has the respect of their community.
- The teacher is knowledgeable in their field and guides students of all backgrounds and abilities to achieve excellence.
- The teacher collaborates with colleagues, students, and families to create a school culture of respect and success.
- The teacher deliberately connects the classroom and key stakeholders to foster a strong community at large.
- The teacher demonstrates leadership and innovation in and outside of the classroom walls that embodies lifelong learning.
- The teacher expresses themselves in an engaging and effective way.
Watch This Space
For more information, visit OSPI’s website.