As an MTSS Classified Specialist, Tratnick has a passion for building relationships with students
Capital Region Educational Service District 113 (ESD 113) has named Kirsten Tratnick as their 2020 Regional Classified School Employee of the Year. Tratnick is the Multi-Tiered Systems of Support Classified Specialist at Pioneer Elementary School in Shelton, Washington. She works with students who need extra support to meet school-wide behavior expectations. Tratnick’s room, known as “Eagles Landing,” provides a space for students to re-learn these expectations, take a break from class, or “cool off.”
Tratnick now serves as one of nine candidates chosen by their respective ESDs, who will be considered for Washington State Classified School Employee of the Year. The Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction will select and announce the state winner this spring.
- Kirsten Tratnick is the Multi-Tiered Systems of Support classified specialist at Pioneer Elementary School in Shelton.
- Tratnick runs the school’s solutions room, known as “Eagles Landing.”
- She implemented a “Peer Support” job system for older students to work with younger students who need support.
- The number of students who require behavior re-teaching has dropped dramatically as a result of her work.
- She has served as a union representative for 14 years and is a leader among classified staff in her school.
- “She brings new ideas to the field and is able to adjust instruction or management as needed for each individual child.” – Amy Koster, Pioneer Elementary School Principal
- “Kirsten is set apart from her peers, not only by her ability to lead, but by her knowledge of students and their development.”— Hannah Pease, Pioneer Elementary School teacher.
- “Students know that Mrs Tratnick will treat them with unconditional positive regard and they leave feeling filled with hope for a better tomorrow.”— Lori Watkins, Pioneer Elementary School Counselor
For more information
About Capital Region ESD 113
The purpose of Capital Region ESD 113 is to ensure excellent and equitable education for all students through service and collaboration. Led by Superintendent Dr. Dana Anderson, ESD 113 provides services for 44 school districts, one tribal compact school, and approved private schools in Thurston, Mason, Lewis, Grays Harbor and Pacific counties.
Stay in Touch
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Flickr
Senior Communications Specialist