- Re-opening the week of June 28!
- WorkSource Thurston will be open 5 days a week, 9 am – 5 pm.
- Please direct customers to call 360-704-3600 option 7 to schedule an appointment to meet with onsite staff.
- Must be wearing a mask and fill out a survey to gain entry.
- PacMtn has BFET programming.
- Basic Food Employment and Training provides employment programming to those who are Food Stamp recipients, not on TANF, and want to work at least 20 hours per week.
- Anyone who is interested can fill out this short 5 question form to get into contact with a BFET Case Manager.
- Currently, we are serving Thurston, Mason, and Lewis Counties.
Unemployment (UI) Job Search requirements are officially re-instated starting the week of July 4-10, meaning that the first time you must be Job Searching to keep your UI benefits is on July 11.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Thurston County:
- STEAM Learning Lab has several STEAM workshops coming up in partnership with local industry professionals, including a diesel mechanic workshop for ages 14-24.
- Construction workshop is coming up soon, as well as robotics on June 22 and Transit in August.
- Summer camp runs July through August and may include classes.
- STEM Café in constructing UROVs is coming up with Olympic Aerospace, for educators.
- Learn more
Timberland Regional Library:
- Wifi has been extended to all branch parking lots.
- Devices are being purchased for customers.
- All K-12 students in the region with a library card will have access to 35,000 e-services and resources through the North Star Digital Literacy platform (LinkedinLibrary.com).
- The new West Olympia library is now open at the Capital Mall.
- Two new mobile libraries are providing library services to up to 110 communities throughout the region.
- The summer reading program runs from June 1-July 31 with a focus on early STEM. Children who enroll will receive 1-2 free books just for signing up.
- No masks required in the library if vaccinated.
- All branches are now open as well as online reservations for services.
- In-person programs are still on hold at this time.
Lewis County Thrives
Cascade Pacific Action Alliance is holding a Peer Workforce Support Group Kickoff meeting on June 25, 2021, from 12:00-1:00. The purpose of the meeting is for community members to share input about how efforts to support the peer workforce can be expanded and improved.
Mason County Consortium
- Family Education and Support Services (FESS) of Mason County is holding a series of suicide prevention workshops beginning June 23 in English and Spanish.
- Information Session – Inclusive Community Leadership Certificate Program: Two Sessions! June 23 and 30, 2021. Both sessions are 5 – 5:30 pm.
- Learn more and register for the June 23 session.
- Learn more and register for the June 30 session
- Description Join us virtually to learn more about the Inclusive Community Leadership Certificate Program at TESC: Learn to lead school transformation for inclusive, safe, healthy, and just school communities where families belong
- For more information contact Sue Feldman, PhD., Director of Teacher Education, The Evergreen State College 360-584-2856.