In the business world, the purpose of a company’s annual report is to provide current and potential new investors with information on how the company is performing and how it plans to grow in the future. In the Head Start world, our investors are the funding agencies, our partner agencies in the community, staff, and most importantly, the families we serve.
The data in this annual report includes Head Start and the state-funded preschool classrooms that are part of the non-federal share for Head Start. Our state-funded preschool is ECEAP (Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program). You will find the following information in our report:
- The percentage of children ready for kindergarten by specific domains of child development.
- The percentage of children who were up-to-date on their well child health exams and dental exams, the percentage who needed and then received follow-up treatment.
- Information about our enrollment during the year.
- Financial information about the sources of our funds, the amount and percentage of those funds, and a comparison of budgeted expenditures compared to actual expenditures.
- Information about parent involvement and engagement activities.
- The results of the audit of the program’s grantee, ESD 113.
- The results of the most recent triennial review of the Head Start program.
We have limited paper copies of this report which are distributed to our board of directors, the policy council members, and community partners. Additional copies can be found at each of our centers and administrative offices. Please feel free to print a copy from our web page.
We hope you enjoy reading about our program. Please note that for reasons of confidentiality, the pictures of children are public pictures and are not of actual children in the program.