Suicide Prevention Month Resources
September is National Suicide Prevention Month. Below are local and national resources.
- Safe Harbor was created with the goal of reducing barriers to success and to provide equitable services for students and families. Safe Harbor is a one-stop directory for behavioral health and community services in Thurston, Mason, Grays Harbor, Lewis, and Pacific counties.
- The Crisis Clinic provides compassionate support and resources to empower those in crisis.
- The Washington Recovery Help Line offers anonymous, confidential, 24-hour help line for Washington State residents who are experiencing substance use disorder, problem gambling, and/or a mental health challenge.
Call or Text 988
- The 988 Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources
- The International Association for Suicide Prevention is dedicated to preventing suicide and suicidal behaviour and alleviating its effects.
- Preventing suicide: Information for teachers and other people working in schools
- The Pan American Health Organization is the international health agency for the Americas and the Regional Office of the World Health Organization.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is a voluntary health organization that gives those affected by suicide a nationwide community empowered by research, education, and advocacy to take action against this leading cause of death.
Ayuda En Español Lifeline
- Ayuda En Español Lifeline ofrece 24/7, gratuito servicios en español, no es necesario hablar ingles si usted necesita ayuda: 1-888-628-9454