Ferguson will take the lead of Sound to Harbor Early Learning Programs at critical time for staff and the families they serve
TUMWATER – April 1, 2020 – Tracye Ferguson today joins Capital Region Educational Service District 113 (ESD 113) as their Assistant Superintendent of Early Learning. She comes to the ESD after serving in various leadership roles in the Tacoma Public Schools since 2007. Ferguson will replace Sandra Nelson and Paula Akerlund, who have been sharing the position on an interim basis for the past year.
Ferguson grew up wanting to be a teacher. She is committed to providing children with a safe and positive learning environment. And her leadership style includes making time to laugh and have fun at work.
- The Capital Region ESD 113 Board of Directors approved the hiring of Tracye Ferguson on March 11, 2020, to replace outgoing interim assistant superintendents Sandra Nelson and Paula Akerlund.
- Her most recent position was Director of Student Services at Tacoma Public Schools.
- She has a bachelor’s degree from Pacific Lutheran University and a master’s degree from Antioch University.
- Although she claims to be tone-deaf, she sings in her church choir.
- “You don’t have to be the best to contribute to something great. Your presence and willingness to participate adds volume. (That’s what I tell my husband and two boys when they make fun of my singing.)” — Tracye Ferguson, Capital Region ESD 113 Assistant Superintendent of Early Learning
- “We’re so excited to have Tracye join our team. We need to focus on institutionalizing our new models by supporting staff and building on our strengths. Tracye’s depth of knowledge and her extensive early learning and student support experience, coupled with her outgoing nature, will help us successfully pass the baton to our next leader.“ — Dr. Dana Anderson, Capital Region ESD 113 Superintendent
About Capital Region ESD 113
The purpose of Capital Region ESD 113 is to ensure excellent and equitable education for all students through service and collaboration. Led by Superintendent Dr. Dana Anderson, ESD 113 provides services for 44 school districts, one tribal compact school, and approved private schools in Thurston, Mason, Lewis, Grays Harbor and Pacific counties.
Stay in Touch
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Flickr
Kristen Jaudon, APR
Senior Director – Communications, Government Relations & Public Engagement
[email protected] | 360-464-6715